Meet Douglas S. Holden, M.D.
Dr. Douglas Holden completed his undergraduate education in microbiology at the University of Rochester in New York. He then went on to Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, where he earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree before discovering his passion for general orthopaedics. Dr. Holden returned to Columbia University to the College of Physicians and Surgeons to receive his medical degree, followed by the completion of his general and orthopaedic surgery residencies at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center. He then furthered his academic and practical studies by undertaking a Joint Preservation and Adult Reconstruction Fellowship at Lenox Hill Hospital. His patient-focused and conservative approach to treatment allows him to provide exceptional care in a welcoming environment.
Education and Training
- Lenox Hill Hospital – Fellowship in Joint Preservation and Adult Reconstruction
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center – Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center – General Surgery Residency
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- University of Rochester – BS in Microbiology
Memberships and Awards
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- National Society Membership
- State Orthopaedic Society
- Resident of the Year – 1997-1998